It was bound to happen. After 132 daily blog posts, there was going to be some straight up bone headed errors. Unlike our current president, Trump, I am not above apologizing and setting things straight. Also, unlike him, I have gooder hair and better command of language, me too. Forgive me in advance for the following blunders.
- Jimmy Buffett was never ever rumored to be a cannibal. What I actually meant was: he is a friend to Bob Dylan.
- Dotard is actually pronounced as if it rhymes with motored, and not foddered.
- James Brown was never a privileged white man.
- The Bible did not rip off William Shakespeare, nor was it written at Denny’s®. [FACT CHECK: I have not written this one yet.]
- Hugh Hefner did not die in 1990 from acute Chlamydia. The only thing that died then was his relevance.
- Shari Lewis did not come back to life only to die again with Jerry Lewis and Jerry Lee Lewis. [FACT CHECK: She did. Jerry Lee Lewis is still alive.]
- The answer to the Doobie Brothers caption: the guy in the yellow hat.
- To paraphrase The Cure, beets don’t cry.
- All frogs are not Nazis, but a lot of them are, which kinda sorta qualifies my description.
- Batman is not a frog.
- When I made predictions for week 4 of the NFL, I excluded three games.
Pittsburgh Steelers (2-1) at Baltimore Ravens (2-1) and Buffalo Bills (2-1) at Atlanta Falcons (3-0) The at home bird teams will use aerial attacks, the devious ones. They will soar high and bomb dive beak down and power peck/drill straight through their opponents heads to toes.
PREDICTION: Birds will eventually rule the world.
Oakland Raiders (2-1) at Denver Broncos (2-1) Assuming that Raiders raid and the Broncos bronc (whatever the hell that means) Raiders win. But if Oakland oaks and Denver dens, Denver wins at home.
PREDICTION: This is a serious divisional game, so expect decapitation and strong adult language.