“Genius Of Rapture” by BLONDIE Vs. TOM TOM CLUB

Blondie - Tom Tom Club

Here are two examples of bands with names that have nothing to do with its members. There is no one named Blondie in Blondie; and there is no one named Tom nor Club in Tom Tom Club. Brought to you in a time when truth, no matter how insignificant, is the greatest commodity.

Continue reading

Advertisements

“(Jump) The Piña Colada Song” by VAN HALEN Vs. RUPERT HOLMES

Van Halen - Rupert
Most of us know what a Van Halen is. In case you don’t, Van Halen is a rock and roll band named after lead guitarist, Valerie Bertinelli look alike, Eddie Van Halen. By the way, the two were married from 1981 to 2007.

Most of us don’t know much about Rupert Holmes, which is often the case for a musician who is a one hit wonder. In his heyday, he looked like a younger Charles Nelson Reilly. For those who don’t know Reilly, he was a celebrity in the ’70s, best known for an odd sound effect he would make while adjusting his comically large eyeglasses.

Continue reading

“Neither One Of Us (Want To Be The First To Say Havana)” by GLADYS KNIGHT & THE PIPS Vs. CAMILA CABELLO FEATURING YOUNG THUG

Camila - Gladys
Growing up, I wanted to be a Pip. Not just any Pip, but the Pip in the middle. He appeared to be the Moe of the Pips, the leader, the guy who was not afraid to smack the other Pips in the back of the head with a vicious slap or a lead pipe, and say, “Spread out, numbskulls.”

In the early 1970s, Gladys Knight & The Pips performed “Midnight Train To Georgia” on the Grammy Awards.  I was mesmerized by their rhythmic sidesteps, graceful hip swivels. and orchestrated finger snaps, as well as the large bouncing afros. So bad ass. The topper was the simulation of that midnight train, the three Pips like playful engineers pulling the whistle and singing, woo hoo. Sure, Gladys Knight was amazing, but without the Pips, she can only be Gladys Knight.

Continue reading

“Downtown Stacy’s Mom” by PETULA CLARK Vs. FOUNTAINS OF WAYNE

Petula - Fountains
What a strange and divided country America has become. It is apparent that it will only get worse under the leadership of current president of the United States, “Dangerous Dingbat” Donald Trump. Every day, he finds a new topic to anger 65% of America, while the remaining 30-35% chant, “Lock her up.”

The truth is: Trump can not feel shame; all he knows is greed and racism. We the people are losing big as he unites all the selfish ignorant racists who actually believe they are making America great again.

Continue reading